Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Riomaggiore-Cinque Terre, Italy Day15 23Aug2010

Riomaggiore-Cinque Terre, Italy Day15 23Aug2010

Arrived at 1:30pm, slightly later than expected due to broken train!
Italy is far behind on their train system compared to other countries
in Europe. So I've been warned about the steep slopes and infinite
stairs. Fortuntely, my knees are still functioning quite well but it's
enough to make me sweat lots more than I already do. Must hit the
hiking trail before my legs go on a strike.
With an afternoon to kill, I took the train to go along the other 4
villages. Each one seems a little different, but each seem to be
packed with tourists. Not complaining, because it actually make me
feel safer being a solo traveler! By the time I hit the 'beach' back
in Riomaggiore, it was 5pm. To me it wasn't a real beach because
there were no sand, instead there's big pebbles/rocks...quite painful
to walk on without shoes. The unexpected benefit: no sand in all my
belongings after being to the 'beach'. ha ha


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment