Sunday, November 13, 2011

New Chapter in my life...

Before I graduated from college, I knew I want to own my own business some day.  Initially, I thought I would be my own boss by age 30.  When that didn't happen, I postponed the goal to age 33.  And when that didn't happen, I was getting really disappointed in myself and everything in life kind of started going down hill from there.  I almost thought it will never happen at all.  Even after I quit my job and started my "Project - New Business" 10 months ago, I wasn't sure if it's going anywhere.  Suddenly, I decided one afternoon last week the way forward must be running the business from a proper retail space.  I had actually learned about the new retail space (to be available by end of Nov) back in August.  For various reason, I wasn't ready and didn't even start my website yet.  After all these months, I thought the shop space I thought would be best for my business would be unavailable.  Not only it is still available, the rent is actually lowered to the level I thought I could give it a shot.  I thought to myself, "That's gota be meant to be!"  So, here I am...age 37...finally a business owner!  This is probably the last goal I accomplished in life...if the business actually become profitable within 6-12 months.  Finger crossed.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment